10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Gilmore Girls Star Alexis Bledel
Since making a name for herself playing a lead character on Gilmore Girls, Alexis Bledel has gone on to become one of America’s sweethearts. And to the delight of many ardent fans, the reboot of the series is set to be a major hit, while talks of a “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Part III” has us on the edge of our seats!
With Alexis fresh in the limelight once again, we thought you’d like to know some unique facts about the star and her life. Take a look!
- Due to her light skin tone, many people don’t know that she’s actually Latina. She admits that she is often mistaken to be Irish. She and her siblings, however, were raised like her parents were with Argentine roots; hence, Spanish is the language spoken in the Bledel household.
- Remember the scene where Rory speaks broken Spanish to a maid? That was Alexis acting at her best because (fluent) Spanish is the first language she ever spoke! She was later taught English in school.
- Before acting, she began a career in modeling. Her very first job was with Seventeen Magazine. She took a year off from formal education as her modeling career required her to travel.
- She began acting classes in a bid to get over her shyness, while her career plans were actually to become an architect. However, after learning that mathematics played a huge role in architecture, she was turned off by it altogether.
- Alexis is her middle name. She decided to drop her first name (Kimberly) and be known as Alexis Bledel.
- She studied at New York University where she majored in film. While attending NYU, she bagged the role on Gilmore Girls and rest, as they say, is history.
- In spite of it being her first acting audition AND having the flu, Alexis got the part of Rory. There was, however, a tape of her auditioning which was seen and loved by the casting director, Jill Anthony.
- Speaking figuratively, coffee is not her cup of tea! Though her character on Gilmore Girls loved it, Alexis strongly dislikes coffee. In fact, her coffee mug on the show contained soda most of the time.
- She’s very much into house renovations which she does a lot of when time permits. She enjoys the creative side of it while explaining that (unlike her actual job) it’s something that she can control.
- Alexis actually dated two of her on-screen boyfriends on Gilmore Girls. Of course, many knew about her real life romance with Milo Ventimiglia, but did you know Alexis and Jared Padalecki had a thing too?!